• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fabric covering and trim

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone that has completed a Skybolt.
If you look at the photo's, I have attached some light weight 1.7oz cover to the left side of my fuselage.

Reason; To see how things look and to understand where the rudder cable comes through and how to address the fitting and attachment of the horizontal stabilizer and elevator.
I am trying to understand how all the rear wing stuff is assembled after you cover the aircraft?
Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

If you look at the pictures, you will see that to be able to insert thehorizontal stabilizer I had to cut a large hole for the control horn to get it. And for the trim servo, I will need to cut an inspection ring hole.

Thanks in advance. Eric.

I will try on the next posting to send the pictures!Edited by: Eric Ashman

Latest posts

Back