• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Falcon F-1 for sale in TX

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Can't make it work and can't delete it either....sorry.

Attachments

Last edited:

jetsareforkids

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good find, this one is a new one for me. I wonder what happened to the factory in Tennessee? Maybe all that stuff is just waiting to be put back into production. All the hard work is already done, now you can just push them out the door and count the money.

Beej

Creator of this place
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Its a pdf document, works fine here after downloading it.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Ok, I wasn't able to get it to open after I downloaded it, don't know what was going on and figured no one else could get it to open either.

I had found this 1977 article in an AOPA site somewhere and didn't think they'd sell too many and it looks like they didn't.

Last edited:

toobuilder

Reaction score
Im just going to say it... That's ugly as sin.

...and asking for a "firm" $17.5K for a 10 year derelict in todays market is ambitious to say the least.

Reaction score
That airplane always looked like a bunch of parts that almost fit. I'm sure that cam and lifters are looking good after 10 plus years of sitting around. Thats my negativity for the day.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The most interesting part was the prices. A new Great Lakes and New 2 seat Pitts was 31k-35k. See pic below. Gee with a new Great Lakes over $250k and a new S2C over $350k it makes since none are selling at even close to the rates of the past. This has always been a rich guys game but everytime I see the old prices it reminds me how it wasn’t always as out of reach for most as it is today.
IMG_9483.jpg

Dana

Reaction score
Not the best looking biplane by far, and judging from the magazine article, not the best performing one, either.

toobuilder

Reaction score
Also need to add that the seller is not doing himself any favors in his "marketing". How hard would it be to add air to the tires and hose the dirt off?

...I wonder how many generations of rodents have made their home in that thing?

Ralsmark

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd say the red one in post 2 looks pretty good with the rounded wingtips and stabilizer tips. And some nice wheel fairings would tart it up a bit more. The white one with blue stripes and squared off surface tips does look a tad stark.

Mark

Pilotjkl

Reaction score
I looked at this airplane a few years ago, I think it’s worth the value of engine core and prop

Chris McMillin

Reaction score
Yeah but now it has new tires and tubes and has been disassembled and in his shop!
Chris...

Latest posts