• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

First Flight Pitts N834T

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

curtis

Curtis
Reaction score
Well, I took my Pitts to the airport last weekend and spent the weekend and Monday reassembling the plane. I had done the FAA inspection at home in my garage so it was completely assembled in flight condition for the inspection. It only took one evening to take it apart. On Monday I did the first taxi test and ground checks. Tuesday, more taxi test up to 35mph on the runway (I was thinking this is so much fun just taxing, I may not be able to handle flying) Everything was checking out fine, tracking straight, brakes feeling good, engine sounding a little rich buts that's OK. Wednesday was a nice day here in MD about 60degrees and only 10knots out of the NW. My friends and family assembled at 4pm we talked though the plan, said a prayer, climbed in and taxied out. Departed Rwy 34 climbed to 2500agl for 35min. The plane flew well with out any problems other than a heavy right wing that I am working on figuring out but that seems to be the only issue. This is the first of three planes that me and my bothers have maiden that we did not have fight a oil temp or CHT problem. I think the design of the Wolf cowing has a lot to do with this. I have flown every day since then except for today and now have 2.75hr. :)

I want to thank my brother, my wife and kids for their support and help through this project. I also want to thank the BPF and all the resources and help I have found here. I have made some new friends and look forward more good times promoting biplanes.

Here are some pics of the plane, I am attempting to get some good video up for you guys and gals. I know how much I enjoy the videos that are posted by members. We did have two separate GoPros mounted so more to come on the Video's.

Enjoy:)

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

Latest posts

Back