• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

First Flight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bf92

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

I made the first flight on my BF9-2 today at around 4:00PM. The controls are very light and very responsive. I set the elevator trim at neutral before takeoff, and only made one very tiny adjustment during the entire flight. The rudder trim is awesome. There are a couple of items I need to address, but all in all the flight was absolutely awesome. I have never flown an airplane with controls this light and responsive, so it took a few seconds to dial in my control inputs, but the airplane is a dream to fly. The landing was easier than any Pitts I have flown as far as finding the sweet spot at touchdown, and the roll-out was very Pitts-like, but the airplane is so responsive it was just sweet! My videographer is making up a CD tonight, so once I get a copy of that I'll get some in-flight pics on the forum.
Danny

Latest posts

Back