• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

First stall in the Eagle was eventful

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone, third flight I took the eagle up to 6000 to do a few stalls. It was very interesting because when I pulled the power back, slowed down for a power off stall The left-wing broke violently and the plane pitched straight down throwing me into the seatbelts unexpectedly. I went full forward on the stick and gave it a couple seconds for a recovery which did happen but was really something I haven’t seen in a plane before. I thought I’d go up and try it again, same result and a third Time same result. I went back to the airport landed thought about it for a while talked it over with Cameron and decided the only possible reason why it would be stalling differently was because I didn’t have the cabane faring on during my test flight. So I put the cabane faring on this morning took it back up and the plane stalled very normally. So for anyone who is flying a new eagle or maybe a Pitts the cabane faring is definitely important and will affect the stall characteristics of the plane I’m guessing like mine. I would have never thought it would’ve made that much difference but I’m not an experienced aerobatic pilot so when it stalled like that it kind of threw me for a surprise. Food for thought.

Latest posts

Back