• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fisher FP-404 for sale

Dana

Reaction score
Last edited:

Dana

Reaction score
Oops, sorry, fixed it.

Dana

Reaction score
Still available, price reduced to $7000.

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
Does it have a gear reduction unit? Prop look long for 1/2 VW
What are the performance specs?
What about pilot size and weight?

Dana

Reaction score
No reduction, nobody has ever made one work on a half VW. Prop is 56" though a properly pitched 58" would probably do better. Cruise 55, stall 30. Climb 400fpm which is adequate at 45mph best climb speed but it's certainly not a STOL plane. Pilot can't be a big guy, under 200#. I don't know how tall a pilot would fit, I'm 5'8 and 180# and comfortable in it, the rudder pedals are adjustable and could go forward a couple of inches if needed. I talked to a guy who said he was 6'3" and 230# and said his 447 powered 404 flew fine, but I can't imagine how. The fuselage is stretched 3" from the original design.

Dana

Reaction score
Sold, just in time to make room for my new Starduster! :)

Latest posts