• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Flat Wrap Lexan Windscreen

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ed T

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
When Hale Wallace was still with us he provided me with full size tracings for the windscreens. Dimensions roughly 11" x 36" front and 13" x 40" rear. I've cut out patterns and taped them to my Bolt in a location that meets several criteria: both windscreens near the padding on the cockpit opening at the rear tip (7/8"); front screen close to the aft cabanes (3/8") with front edge 1-1/4 inches aft of front instrument panel to maximize opening for front seat occupant; front edge of rear screen 4-1/2 inches aft of front seat headrest to provide a space for for front seat occupant to enter without sitting on or scraping against rear screen with backside or chute. There is a noticeable difference in the slope of the two windscreens, approximately 42 degrees front and 34 degrees aft. Perhaps this is only a problem of esthetics, but I would like comments from those of you with flap wrap windscreens. Does anyone have their windscreens in different locations? Are there problems with entry and exit with different locations? I'm interested in how anyone approached this windscreen installation and their solution. I'm posting a photo and request your opinions as to acceptability or dislike of the windscreen angles or placement. As always, your help appreciated--Ed T

Windscreens.JPG

Latest posts

Back