• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Flybaby For Sale

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
A good friend needs to sell this airplane, and just trying to find if anyone is interested? No radio or electrical, meets the Light Sport category, 65 hp cont had an extensive annual some yrs ago, but has been sitting ever since. My friend is not working, and has health issues as well as wife problems, he has been trying to hang on, but it will have to go. I believe the wings can be folded, he is asking $5000.00, but would entertain any reasonable offer. It is based here at our local airport KSPB at Scappoose Oregon.

If anyone is interested please message me and I will get all of the log book numbers and any other details, you might want. Dave

SAM_2639 small.jpg

SAM_2640 small.jpg

SAM_2643 small.jpg

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've always admired them. Too far away, And of coarse I have too many airplanes already.....

wanttaja

Registered Users
Reaction score
I've posted the information to the Fly Baby mailing list and FB^2 (Fly Baby Facebook).

Ron Wanttaja

planebuilder

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish that was closer, it would be A LOT of fun on a grass strip, for minimal cost! Maybe I'm getting old and nostalgic, but I miss the C65's I grew up with.:)

tdwrv8

Registered Users
Reaction score
Here is a unique Fly Baby seen at SERFI this weekend.

image.jpg

bipe215

Reaction score
A Fly Baby was my taildragger solo in college. Cheap, fun flying.

wanttaja

Registered Users
Reaction score
Wow, that's the fourth "Junkers" Fly Baby. Didn't know of that one. Looking at the N-Number, it's a fairly new aircraft.

The first two are in Great Britain, and were converted ~15 years ago by the late John Day. The mods are all cosmetic; rudder shape, dummy cylinder heads, and dummy gunner. The "gunner" is mounted on the surface; it can be removed to reveal a turtledeck intact except for a couple of small holes.

The two British ones actually fly with the Great War Display Team, a group of WWI aircraft owners who perform at air shows.

Ron Wanttaja

Dave Baxter

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've posted the information to the Fly Baby mailing list and FB^2 (Fly Baby Facebook).

Ron Wanttaja
Ron, Hey thanks for your help and interest, and let me know if you have any leads? Dave

wanttaja

Registered Users
Reaction score
Ron, Hey thanks for your help and interest, and let me know if you have any leads? Dave
I posted a link to your first posting on this subject...they should be able to contact you directly. I'll pass info along, if anyone has trouble.

Oh, and about the Junkers modification...they can be done to existing airplanes as well. So you could buy Dave's friend's airplane, and have a warbird in a few months.....

Ron Wanttaja

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Love it and would be very interested but the distance makes it a non starter for me.

wanttaja

Registered Users
Reaction score
Here is a unique Fly Baby seen at SERFI this weekend.
Heard from some of my Fly Baby fans about this airplane.

The original Junkers was covered with corrugated aluminum. This Fly Baby is simulating it with a vinyl wrap!

Very interesting effect.

Ron Wanttaja

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There was another inexpensive baby on BS, $3500 but had a 145 Lycoming. Sold.

Only half way as far away. Maybe one will surface on the right coast.;)

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fly Baby[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]

FLY BABY • SOLD!! • 1987 Fly Baby TT230 Lycoming 0-145 engine Sturba Prop. Has not flown in the last 12 months. Needs minor work to be airworthy. Includes Fly Baby builders manual and Lycoming engine manual. $3500 With helmet, goggles, headset, I-com radio, GPS, and parachute $4300 • Contact Garry O. Crookham, Friend of Owner - located Jenks, OK USA • Telephone: 918-629-2209 . • Posted October 17, 2017 • Show all Ads posted by this Advertiser • Recommend This Ad to a Friend • Email Advertiser • Save to Watchlist • Report This Ad • View Larger Pictures

Last edited:

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow half way glad it’s sold ;-) I need a cheap flier!

jetsareforkids

Supporting Member
Reaction score
"You got to look at BS at least a couple times a day. Only takes 5 min. if you keep up."

Man I'm glad I'm not the only one. There have been times I take a month off from Barnstormers, just to prove to myself that I can. Then I end up making up for lost time and looking through the posts I missed. I figured out its just best to keep up day by day.

Latest posts