• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

For Sale: Hartzell Spinner and Stock Eagle Gear Leg Fairings

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameron

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got some stuff left over from my Eagle build.

First, I've got a Hartzell polished spinner for sale. This came off of a Pitts S2A with the Hartzell prop. I bought the prop and spinner a few years ago. Prop had an "A" hub so rather than pay for the upgrade and overhaul, I bought a Whirlwind prop and sold the Hartzell, but I kept the spinner because I had plans to mount it to the Whirlwind hub. I wanted polished aluminum, not fiberglass. I found out about Spectrachrome so I don't need this spinner anymore.

Anyway, the spinner is in great shape. The backing plate has a crack in one of the doublers, which is shown in one of the pics. I was going to simply replace this doubler. In the interest of full disclosure, I believe that Hartzell recommends against any type of repair to spinner backing plates.

I have a copy of the logs from the prop that this came off of. Best I can tell, it's got about 1400 hours on it. I can send a copy of the logs to interested parties.

I'll take $250 obo for it, shipping included to anywhere in the continental US.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927416.808946.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927427.078022.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927437.895961.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927491.198209.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927454.196474.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927472.264029.jpg

I've also got a new set of stock Christen Eagle gear leg fairings. What you see in the pics is what you get. I bought these from Benny Davis for $100 a couple years ago. I'll take $100 for them and I'll cover shipping anywhere in the continental US.

ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927676.246979.jpg
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495927686.944217.jpg

Latest posts

Back