• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale - MT Constant speed prop and governor

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Recently I converted my Constant speed Pitts S1S to fixed pitch and selling the prop and governor.

Prop - MTV-2-B-C

Governor - MT P-440-17

I also have the oil line that goes from the rear governor pad to front of the engine case.

The governor is in great condition and has around 100hours on it.

I had the prop pulled apart for overhaul by East Coast Propellers in Sydney and found out that it had the old lag screws so according to the AD the blades are not able to be overhauled. The hub is in like new condition and you can re-use the old blades which are fine except for the AD non-complience. Alternatively you can buy new blades from MT and have it overhauled and have a cheap 0 time MT propeller.

Open to offers. There are heaps of pictures of the Pitts with the MT on my website... flyingantonline.com

Regards,

robertsailor

Reaction score
If and when you have the time drop me a pm and let me know how you like the Catto...Cheers, Robert

Flying Ant

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's the one. Do you know the aircraft? It's a very nice machine which I cant claim any credit for.

gnielse

Reaction score
Flying Ant said:
That's the one. Do you know the aircraft? It's a very nice machine which I cant claim any credit for.
It's a great plane. I remember when he finished it and
brought it to the first contest. It is arguably the best S1 out
there. I just listed mine for sale on Barnstormers. Almost the same
except plans built wings. I love my MT. I'm surprised you went with
a fixed pitch.

Jetcaptain

Registered Users
Reaction score
Hi, i'm building a Steen Skybolt, the first one in Argentina, the engine is a Lycoming IO 360 and i'm looking for a prop variable pitch for this engine. Your prop can be used in my engine? The price?. I'm a pilot in Aerolineas Argentinas and we are flying to Sydney four times a week.
Kind regards
Gustavo

Defenseman1

Registered Users
Reaction score
Recently I converted my Constant speed Pitts S1S to fixed pitch and selling the prop and governor.

Prop - MTV-2-B-C

Governor - MT P-440-17

I also have the oil line that goes from the rear governor pad to front of the engine case.

The governor is in great condition and has around 100hours on it.

I had the prop pulled apart for overhaul by East Coast Propellers in Sydney and found out that it had the old lag screws so according to the AD the blades are not able to be overhauled. The hub is in like new condition and you can re-use the old blades which are fine except for the AD non-complience. Alternatively you can buy new blades from MT and have it overhauled and have a cheap 0 time MT propeller.

Open to offers. There are heaps of pictures of the Pitts with the MT on my website... flyingantonline.com

Regards,
If you still have the MT I'm also interested!

Latest posts