• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Free Biplane for static display

JohnLyle

Reaction score
British 80% scale DH-82A Tiger Moth Replica aircraft Free to the person who can provide an inside Static Display.
Please help my friend find a new home for his DH-82A. (airport, restaurant, museum, ect…)

Airframe TT 64 hours
Engine TT 74 hours
Empty weight of 900lbs
Wing span 23 feet (wings are in 4 sections and can be easily removed for shipment)
Overall length 20 feet
Height 7’4”
Gear width is 68” (widest part of shipment) (wings removed) (horizontal stabilizer 90” removed)
Engine LOM M132 74 hours
Over 2000 hours of build time in 8 years
Owner lost interest after completion of his RV12.
Owner will attempt to sell the engine for $6000 separately.
The engine will be rendered inoperative if it ships with the aircraft.
If the engine is sold before shipment then the prop will be mounted to appear as if it is installed on an engine.

Details:
Plane is at Leeward air ranch FD04 Ocala Florida 34472
Owner can help remove the wings and tail for shipment (very easy)
New owner will pay freight and reassemble
No Fly Contract Required
[email protected]

DSC_0705.jpg

DSC_0697.jpg

DSC_0706.jpg

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
What about contacting the SUN & FUN group in Lakeland FL.
They have a nice inside museum there.
Or Weeks Fantasy of Flight museum

cactusav8r

Cactusav8r
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
well that's a damn shame.. Pretty airplane.. Why not de-Register?

TFF1

Reaction score
Heck if you can't fly it specs are worthless. Pull the engine and take it to an A&P school for them to dissect. That or see if Aircraft Spruce wants it.

Morphewb

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I guess if it flies that bad maybe he'd better just cut it up and not have to worry about someone resurrecting it later.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
64 hours, it cant be that bad. Darn shame! Airplanes are meant to fly. But I agree if it actually nasty.........remove engine and burn it.....

RKO

Registered Users
Reaction score
The Warbird museum in Titusville Florida (TICO airport) would be interested. I would give them a shout!

Damn nice biplane its needs to be displayed!

JohnLyle

Reaction score
Sun and fun is looking at it and a museum in Tx.
Might find a home for it.
It flys ok just a liability to sell it as a flying plane. Owner does not want the liability!
Engine runs great and is only $6K what a deal!!
John

Dana

Reaction score
Everybody talks about liability selling a used homebuilt plane but the reality is that problems are almost unheard of. It's a shame to see a good flying plane grounded forever.

Reactions: jpr

toobuilder

Reaction score
I think the status still stands that nobody has ever been successfully sued over liability, but that's mostly because most of us are broke to begin with. The owner of this airplane might very well be a "high net worth" individual and therefore a more attractive target. Probably makes sense to weigh the value of the airplane vs. the cost of defending a lawsuit.

It's a nice looking airplane, but lets face it, there is no shortage of unflown airplanes around. Why NOT ground it?

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Because someone like me would lavish love and attention on it besides letting it see the light of day on and then! :D

lanceav8r

Reaction score
I forwarded this to a friend that has a Museum. This would look good sitting next to his Fokker Triplane and his Corbin Super Ace.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The liability issue is vastly overblown. It should be flown!

Oh well............

OTOH toobuilder post #11 makes a valid point. Not worth losing sleep over another grounded airplane.

Last edited:

Latest posts