• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Airplane Plastics Pitts S-1 canopy

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have a brand new Airplane Plastics Pitts S-1 bubble with a flat wrap windshield in light smoke UV-tech plastic in the box for sale. This was ordered for an S-1-11 project but will fit any of the single place Pitts. Current price from Airplane Plastics is $700 plus shipping, I will sell for $500 shipped in lower 48. I can also help with canopy rails if you need them. This was delivered in April and has never been out of the box. Email or PM if interested. Edited by: Flybipe

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score

New Price- need to clean out some space on my hanger shelves! I have a brand new Airplane Plastics Pitts S-1 bubble with a molded flat wrap windshield in light smoke UV-tech plastic in the box for sale. This is the same bubble and windshield as on the Pitts S-2C with the racer conversion. This was ordered for an S-1-11 project but will fit any of the single place Pitts. Current price from Airplane Plastics is $700 plus shipping, I will sell for $399 shipped in lower 48. This was delivered in April and has never been out of the box. These are the best Pitts canopies in the proper shape! Send a PM if interested.

Edited by: Flybipe

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Cant really tell in the picture, is it 2 pieces, or is it in one piece and has to be cut?

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It is two pieces - the windshield is under the bubble and not easily seen in the photos. 

macwolf

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I have this canopy, and is great! This is a good price, I'm surprised it hasn't been snatched up as a spare for someone. If I didnt live in NZ where the shipping would make it more than double the price, I would grab it.

Latest posts