• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: Nearly finished EAA Biplane project

Taildragger

Reaction score
I'm listing this here for a pilot and business owner in my area. Been posted on Barnstormers, but I figured it might do better here where the biplane choir resides.

Kurt is the third owner. Previous owner was an A&P. Cylinder was removed and checked...A&P thought engine looked nearly new. All fabric work done; flying wires, wheels and brakes included; appears to include plans as well. Paperwork is what you see.

Photo gallery HERE.

Asking $8,500

SPECS:
O-290 Engine off ground power unit. Cylinder removed for inspection and engine ground ran 1 year ago. Build started in the mid 1980's and is yet to be finished. Nice craftsmanship. Everything included in the sale is pictured except the new Aerocarb. Aircraft has not been registered with the FAA yet.

Kurt Yearout - SAFE SKIES AVIATION, LLC, Owner - located Middletown, OH
Telephone: 513-368-0282 . 513-217-5141

Taildragger

Reaction score
christopher said:
Talk about a quick build!
That's what everyone says. Anyone with $8.5k laying around should have an airplane in short order.

Dying to get it myself. :)

eiclan

Registered Users
Reaction score
I would love to purchase this deal but because I live In Perth Western Australia,the most isolated capital on the planet,the shipping cost would be prohibitive.Looks like an ideal beginners kit for somebody. Cheers Ross

deerooboy

Reaction score
eiclan said:
I would love to purchase this deal but because I live In Perth Western Australia,the most isolated capital on the planet,the shipping cost would be prohibitive.Looks like an ideal beginners kit for somebody. Cheers Ross
Ross, if it is something you might consider I could help you inspect & ship. I'm an Aussie fm Perth who lives in louisville Kentucky USA. Let me know if you need assistance?

eiclan

Registered Users
Reaction score
@Deerooboy,Thanks for that offer mate but I think I will have to spend the money one piece of tube at a time.I used to work for the Ag dept here in Perth building experimental Farm equipment and getting machines from others half built was always a pain.I just wish I was there at that point of a build ,wishful thinking on my part.So I will have to start from the beginning. Cheers Ross

gotime242

Reaction score
Whats the tail number on the C140 in the back there? Thats a really cool paint job for one...kinda looks like a Sport Cub scheme.

Taildragger

Reaction score
gotime242 said:
Whats the tail number on the C140 in the back there? Thats a really cool paint job for one...kinda looks like a Sport Cub scheme.
Yes, that paint is pretty cool. Don't know the tail # though.

Latest posts