• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS-- O-360-A4M Engine "Kit"

TFF1

Reaction score
I hate seeing that. Tough call on how to sell it, but I think it would sell better if it was assembled. Probably much better if it could go certified. Lots of pretty stuff there.

hosspowerinc

Reaction score
If it doesn't sell in a week I will assemble it as certified and ask a good bit more. Id like to see it go on a biplane and personally as a builder I'd want to say I built the engine myself so that is why it's on here unassembled. The proceeds are going towards another Pitts project so I don't feel too bad about selling it.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly in my experience selling engines (car and aircraft). People never seem to want to pay what the parts cost if its assembled and out of the box. Of course people won't pay exactly the same price as they can get it for "new" from a distributor either. I'd rather buy in pieces and assemble that way I'm 100% sure of what's inside and how it was installed. I'd hate to add up all the parts here, labor on inspections and yellow tagging etc. not to mention the value of the core items. Someone is going to get a very nice engine!

Kris
Oklahoma City,OK
Currently restoring a Ranger powered Starduster Too

death trap

Reaction score
Looks like a good deal , I agree on selling it apart .
Might post it on Vans Airforce .it would be a good RV engine .

dxlyj

Reaction score
If it doesn't sell in a week I will assemble it as certified and ask a good bit more. Id like to see it go on a biplane and personally as a builder I'd want to say I built the engine myself so that is why it's on here unassembled. The proceeds are going towards another Pitts project so I don't feel too bad about selling it.
There's an Eagle II For Sale on Barnstormers sans/engine but w/a prop. Take Justin's engine and buy the Eagle! I know nothing about the airframe, just looks like an opportunity to put them together..

Never mind. hosspowerinc's engine isn't the right one for the Eagle. Talked to both.
DL

Last edited:

TFF1

Reaction score
The problem is always, every one wants a deal. I would rather put the engine together and most here would want to, but the 96% of everyone else wants it put together with a warrantee. It is very hard to get the love and sweat out of anything these days. That Eagle idea has merit.

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
This is the kind of deal I would have loved to have found back when I was looking for an engine. Just would have had to build a different mount.:rolleyes:

Latest posts