• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

FS: Pitts S-2 Project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thebignickey

Registered Users
Reaction score
Looks like I am making the jump over to the dark side and thus my Pitts is up for sale. I am looking to get 30,000 I have over twice that wrapped up in this not including my time.

Started Life as a late model S-2A and thus all the factory improvements are incorporated. ( Taller Gear and Wider Fuselage). Other mods include but are not limited to:

Front and Rear seatbelt relocation kits
Rear Spar Doubler
Metal added to fuselage to include sides back to the turtleneck and the belly from nose to tail
New stainless steel firewall
overhauled wheels and breaks
overhauled master cylinders
sandblast, epoxy prime, and paint all steal parts
new engine mounts
aviation products rod spring and tail wheel
S-2C style vent system
S-2C Panel
S-2C Wings (lower wings damaged but have cad file to produce required parts) (please see photo of wing drawn in cad in attached link)
New thicker wall control sticks
Carbon fiber seat pan for front seat
lots of new hardware
and many more things I am sure I am missing.

This is a complete project less the following items:

Prop
mags (mag harnesses and spark plugs as well)
exhaust
cowling

The aircraft has just under 1400TT on it along with the engine (AEIO-360-A1E) photos of the cam are included in the link. There has never been any damage to this aircraft and complete logs are available. please have a look at the link for any photos. If you have any questions or would like photos of any thing specific please let me know.

Thanks
Nick Gill

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jf98459mwym3ibh/AAD7J2Nolco-tJSXpnsL-Vj9a?dl=0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back