• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

FS-Pitts S1S Project w IO-360-B4A

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dgardner

Reaction score
Guys-

I don't want to do this, but, I'm listing my S1S Project for sale, and I'm listing it here first and will activate my Barnstormers ad in a few days to give the Biplane Forum first dibs, since everyone here has been very helpful in answering questions over the years.

I've had the project a little more than a year, acquired from Skip Stewart last summer when he bought my 152. Both he and Eddie Saurenman have looked it over and can vouch for it's workmanship and craftsmanship.

I have had little time since March and need to focus my finances on the Great Lakes (and living expenses).

$7,500.00 includes:

S1C Long Fuselage 99% Welded
S1S Wings fully assembled with Slave/I Struts/Aileron
New aileron bellcranks and brackets from Steen.
Control stick, push/pull tubes to tail and ailerons.
Custom new engine mount by Cartesian
Factory new: Rear Spar Doubler, H Tube fit right in to replace the plans built one, wing root fairings, fuselage side, top, belly skins, instrument panel.
Matco tailwheel
Fuel tank wwith new cap from Spruce
Gear with new wheels/brakes-have master cylinders
New tail wires, terminals, tabs from Steen.
7 flying wires came with project-missing one. Can't remember if it's flying or landing-have new Steen terminals
Both Aviat & Steen Plans included.

IO-360-B4A also available with 700TT and 0 SMOH purchased for the project last summer, I can keep it or $18,500.00 for the engine and project together.

SERIOUS inquiries and dialouge ONLY-if you kick tires, I will find you and I will kick YOU.

PM message me if you want to have a serious dialouge.

I drove the project home in a medium sized Uhaul from Memphis--we put some 2 by 4's across the top rung and the top wing fit diagonally, and the fuselage rolled right in.

Project located at 1H0, Creve Coeur Airport in St. Louis--an antique haven. Fly into Lambert, KSTL and I can pick you up, only 10 minute drive from the airport.

Doug

Pitts Project.jpg

Pitts Project 1.jpg

Fuse 2.jpg

Fuse 3.jpg

S1S.jpg

Pitts 1-19-13 12.jpg

Pitts Project 2.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back