• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

FS-S1 Fuselage with Rod (Wolf) Gear

hosspowerinc

Reaction score
I bought this fuselage from Lance here on the forum a few weeks ago. It was part of an airframe that was comprised of almost all factory S1S parts but for whatever reason the fuselage wasn't. Its had RV-3 gear retrofitted after suffering from a ground loop that bent the spring gear that it originally had. AkroDave on this forum is the one that did the repairs and gear conversion. It had factory wings, control assembly, turtledeck, tail surfaces, etc so all the dimensions are to the plans. Its a long fuse with strap hinges. There's an extra diagonal behind the seat which I can only assume was a response to the reports of tubes breaking in the IAC tech tips. Im selling just because I want to put a factory fuselage with the other factory parts and for no real reason other than its what I want. I'd like $2500 for it and I do have the RV leg fairings and pant brackets to go with it.

Last edited:

Grum.man

Reaction score
Ooooo this is tempting, especially being so close by. I may give you a call tomorrow of this weekend.

inverted25

Reaction score
How are the repairs after the ground loop. Are they complete and is the airframe straight?

Jean-luc

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
For such price,i will buy it if i was living in the US

death trap

Reaction score
Gonna contact Smizo about a wing kit , might be interested ( I'm about 50 minutes south of Jacksonville) .

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for buying that! That was just sooooo tempting. My son saw this and was trying to talk me into it. But if I’m going to have a second plane it’s gotta he a two place he can get his license in. [emoji16]

Latest posts