• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

FS-S1 Fuselage with Rod (Wolf) Gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hosspowerinc

Reaction score
I bought this fuselage from Lance here on the forum a few weeks ago. It was part of an airframe that was comprised of almost all factory S1S parts but for whatever reason the fuselage wasn't. Its had RV-3 gear retrofitted after suffering from a ground loop that bent the spring gear that it originally had. AkroDave on this forum is the one that did the repairs and gear conversion. It had factory wings, control assembly, turtledeck, tail surfaces, etc so all the dimensions are to the plans. Its a long fuse with strap hinges. There's an extra diagonal behind the seat which I can only assume was a response to the reports of tubes breaking in the IAC tech tips. Im selling just because I want to put a factory fuselage with the other factory parts and for no real reason other than its what I want. I'd like $2500 for it and I do have the RV leg fairings and pant brackets to go with it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back