• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS- Spinner and Carbon Fiber Nose Bowl

hosspowerinc

Reaction score
I have an aluminum spinner with bulkheads off my Pitts and a new carbon 2 piece nose bowl. The nose bowl needs finish work but even as it sits its 3 pounds lighter than the fiberglass one I have (available too). Im going with the Wolf cowl.

$120 shipped for the spinner and $325 shipped for the nose bowl.

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm, if you're selling this Justin, what are you planning on using? ;)

hosspowerinc

Reaction score
I snagged the wolf cowl on Barnstormers. Did you end up making the intake for me? If so I need to advertise it too!

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Haha nope. Was waiting on a definite confirmation. Although one of those inlets would look Sierra Hotel on a wolf cowl, instead of picking up your intake from the baffling.......

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Justin,

What diameter is the spinner? Bulkheads for metal prop?
Thanks
Mark

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Thx Justin,

I'm looking for a 12" for a wood. The nose bowl is tempting.

Mark

Neil

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I used the 12" BN-3 Spinner from Spruce. It fits the "flat" area on the MC-3A nosebowl (from Spruce)better than the 10 1/2" BN-2. I fit it to a wood prop at first but switched to a metal. You can see the difference here. Both props are 74x56 Sensenich. Same hub thickness.

Sorry for the thread creep.

0018.JPG

IMG_6535.JPG

Last edited:

race38

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
It had a BN3 on it, that's what I was thinking yours was. Yes the Vans will work and have been thinking on it. Already having the backing plate I'll probably just order a "dome"BN3.

Larry Lyons

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Justin, I had forgotten about this spinner. If Anvil doesn't take it let me know as it is looking like my beautiful yellow spinner that was mounted on an Ivo ground adjustable won't make the switch to a metal Sensenich.

L

Latest posts