• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

FS: TN home with large attached hangar & airstrip

Ratherfly

Reaction score

My friends are selling their Middle Tennessee home. It is a 3000 sq ft contemporary home with an attached 90X60 hangar & workshop. Perfect place for a home builder. Or an A&P. Or a plain plane pilot who would love to fly from home.

Asking price is $539,000 and it includes 21.15 acres of beautiful farmland.

I've created a website to showcase the property with many photos and all the pertinent details.

You can visit at: http://tinyurl.com/ownyourdream

Additionally, here is a snapshot flyer with links.

http://longmeadow.vflyer.com/home/flyer/home/3291623

Thanks for reading and have a splendid day.

Tina

Ratherfly

Reaction score
Wow, so long since I posted this! Things have changed since this post so pardon my repeat visit, please.

The url to the website remains the same, but the price has dropped down to $499,000. Additionally, it includes approximately 10 more acres in that $499,000 price.

Those acres are two approved building lots. Have some pilot friends who you'd like to share space with? Buy the hangar home and sell them the lots!

Your own airport community!

I think that's it. Except for *thanks* to the member from Connecticut who went to view the website. Google showed me I had a visit from "The Biplane Forum" so I wanted to come here to update the news.

Once again, thanks for reading and continue having splendid days!

Tina

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Tina,

Great looking property. I would recommend you list it on the MLS. I've sold two FSBO homes and this is by far the best way to go. Google for a listing agent. They usually charge around $400 and do nothing but provide the sign and list it in the MLS. Also pay the little bit extra for the professional listing service. It's a universal number prospects call to schedule a showing.

Good luck,
Brad

Ratherfly

Reaction score
Wow, nice plane Brad!

Do you really think that MLS will help sell it? I'm not convinced. This property is pasted all over the aviation world. If someone is looking to buy a home with an airstrip they'll find it via aviation websites.

The ones that you sold, were they advertised on the web prior?

Thanks for your input.

Blue Skies.... Tina

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
You may be right Tina. The homes I sold previously were not airport properties. I did sell one (took about a year) but used a realtor. Your target is limited and prospects may well look at the aviation sites to find properties in your area. Just a suggestion.

Hope it sells. Looks very nice.

Best regards,

Brad

Latest posts