• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

FS: Wolf Wing Rib Kit

jmorgan

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Well fellas, I got overruled by my old man on a single seater (he wants to build a two-seat aircraft) and now I need to sell the Wolf Rib Kit. I've cut all the gussets out, sanded the rough edges, and separated them according to the manual. I haven't touched anything else. All that's left is the fun part--actually building the ribs!

Everything that comes with the kit from Griggs is there and it has all been kept in a climate controlled area inside (read--my house). I don't want to spill the prices on what a new one costs, but my price already puts me at a loss and some of the hours have already been done.

Price: $2,000

Feel free to PM me or call at 254-368-4782. If I don't answer I'll call you back as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks for reading, y'all!

barchiola

This space available.
Reaction score
when you say you've cut out the gussets do you mean they're cut out by hand or removed from a sheet of plywood and then cleaned up after they've been mostly cut by laser or some other method?

what exactly is included in that kit? where are you located?

thanks, just not familiar with the finer details of the kit.

Bart

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
sorry to see youre selling the kit john. the gussets are routed almost all the way through leaving just a few tabs that the builder is to pop out and sand off. kinda like an old model airplane kit. the rib kit includes all the cap strips, sheet ply, fixtures and instructions to build all of the wing and aileron ribs.

barchiola

This space available.
Reaction score
Thanks for the explanation Chris. I will need to decide at some point if I want to build an adequate-for-me 150hp S1-C or something more.

barchiola

This space available.
Reaction score
ok, I'm going to pass for now. good luck with the sale.
Bart

jmorgan

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sold.

Sorry I just now saw these messages. Chris I wanted to finish it out, but dad vetoed me (which really means mom vetoed both of us). Thank you for answering Bart's questions.

Bart--I highly recommend the kit. Great quality and great service. I would have completed it if my family hadn't pushed me for a two seater.

John

barchiola

This space available.
Reaction score
thanks for the update John and congrats on the sale.

i'm kicking off a full kitchen renovation this friday so the new biplane project is on the back burner for the next couple of months. haven't decided which wings/engine yet so might start with another fuselage build after all.

Latest posts