• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

fuel management

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyoteTom

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about to start fuel tank fabrication on my Skyote. Of course this has me thinking about operation and fuel management with just two 6.5 gal tanks. I may elect to increase capacity, but I'm still left pondering practical fuel management. For those who are lucky enough to fly a Skyote, what has been the fuel management strategy? Run one tank dry? weight for sputter ? Stoppage? if so what any restart issues with light composite or wood props? I know enough to switch tanks at altitude over a landing field... Liabilty statement , all suggestions / opinions taken with a grain of salt as fuel management is the responsibility o pilot in command period. thanks in advance Tom

Latest posts

Back