• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuel Pump Install

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smutny

Biplane Addict
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I've run out of cuss words and need the help of the forum.

Installing a new fuel pump on a IO-360 while it's mounted on the plane. Cannot get the plunger pin to stay up long enough to install the pump. I've tried various tacky greases, but the pin will always slide down, sometimes slower than others, but always slides.

What works to keep the pin in the highest position so I have time to wiggle the pump into position and get the bolts started?

Also, I've thought of using a very thin layer of high temp gasket sealant to keep the paper gasket in position during installation. Yay or nay on that idea? It slides around a lot and I'm concerned about damaging it during install.

Latest posts

Back