• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuel Sender/Gage Impedance

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JoeyC

JoeyC
Reaction score
Gents:

The fuel gauge on my Skybolt (airplane bought two years ago) just pegs to the far right ('Full' +) whenever power is applied to the airplane, no matter what the fuel load. The guy I bought it from said he was told by the guy he bought it from that it was due to a mismatched sender and gauge - which makes sense to me.

Any guidance as to how I can troubleshoot/correct this? I'm pretty sure the fuel gauge, which is part of an instrument cluster, is off of a Cessna,
vintage 1987-88.

Obviously, I don't pay any attention to it and have a carefully calibrated and very reliable stick, but would like to get the gauge working, if possible,over the coming winter.

Thanks-
Joe C.

Latest posts

Back