• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuel system questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mighty cold here for the next 3 days so I thought I would spend some quality time in the house with you guys and get a couple irritating questions answered.

1) I needed to reduce a tubing size so I installed an AN894 flared tube reducer onto an AN816. It bottomed out without getting tight. I inserted a Del 37 degree seal into the reducer and tried again, same thing, bottomed out before getting tight. I ordered the correct fitting size so I am fine now but what was my problem in case I run into it again ?

2) I have a 3/8" I.D. clear tube for a fuel sight gauge in the cockpit. I ordered a Piper fuel float ball to insert into the tube to make the fuel level easier to read. There was no size listed on the float ball description so I just "assumed" it would work. It is .275 diameter, so small it goes right through my AN fittings. I will "assume" again that this is the only size this float comes in so the question, any suggestions on making my fuel level easier to read ? I have seen things like painting a 'barber pole' on the panel. Really don't have much room for that but as a last resort . . . .
Thank you,

Latest posts

Back