• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

FUEL TANK CRACK

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anyone heard of Fuel Tanks cracks.....? I have a 29Gal Skybolt tank that has developed a 1/2” hairline crack on the rear side and 1/3 distance from tank top. I did not build this 300HP Skybolt and never got to talk to the owner/builder as it was purchased from his estate. Also, there appears to be a repair about 2/3 way down from tank top from years ago. Finally, the tank appears to have some distortions vice being totally flat.

This tank does not have baffles incorporated...... Question? Are Baffles incorporated to be EAD6E93D-8DC1-40B2-8A8C-5CEA3DBD9A19.jpegincluded with the 29Gal tank design? Also, do Baffles have an additional function as “Stiffeners” for the tank. I don’t know the gauge of this aluminum tank.

Has anyone of Fuel Tank cracks and, or, distortions to the tank?

Latest posts

Back