• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuselage layout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

climbtime69

Reaction score
Hello all my name is travis I'm located central KY. First of all thanks for all the info you guys post its a great help. I'm just getting started and already have questions. I have created a table to build the fuse and I'm laying out the center lines. From the front lower longeron centerline at 18.5 from the front station I swung a arc at 55 5/8 then another arc from station 4 at 22" at the intersection I drew a line connecting station one and the intersection and continued the line. This is my attempt the develop the front lower angle for layout. My question is somewhere a CAD measurement stated the vertical dimension should be 21.406 my dimension is 21 5/8. I'm I even attempting to create this angle correctly. I have yet to find a better way but maybe some of you can confirm or correct my attempt. Thanks

Latest posts

Back