• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Fuselage stations S1

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Russ

Reaction score
Hey there,

Looking for a bit of info about the possible differences in fuselage stations at the cockpit instrument panel station and the firewall stations between the S1-S and S1-T. I have looked at a heap of pictures trying to ascertain the differences as in some it appears that the fuse side panels and hard against the fuse tubing, and on the T it appears that there are standoffs that are part of a wider instrument panel and then standoffs for screwing the fuse side panel to, therefore changing the shape of the fuse for a more flowing rear to front line.

I have a long fuse S1 project and I am looking to use a 180 parallel valve. The fuse is currently metalised from the back of the seat fwd. I would like to try clean up the lines of the fuselage so there is minimal tuck in behind the engine at the firewall and fwd cockpit station, but I don't want to go off on a tangent and butcher it or have it look weird, so if there are drawings or more info, that would be a great start. I understand there would be no drawings for the changes to the panels. I have considered drawing the fuse formers and new firewall shape up in fusion360, but if it has been done or the S1-T shape is the solution I could go with that. Any info would be greatly appreciated. I have added 2 pics, showing the differences in the fuse side panel standoffs.

Cheers,

Russ.

image.jpeg

image.jpg

Latest posts

Back