• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Gascolator

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

headwind

Reaction score
I have an SI-S or S1-E with sparcraft wings. My gascolator did not provide enough filtration for the Ellison TBI. I know others, with Ellison, have had this problem. None of the gascilators offer the filtration the Ellison needs. I replaced the gascolator with a Fram HPG-1 fuel filter. It looks like a gascolator and filters to 25 microns. It's rated to flow 90 GPH. The filter eliment is large and replacable. I installed a drain on bottom and have an access door under it where the gascolator was.
The Ellison webpage suggest and Glassair builders dothis rather than using a gascolator.
I just finished andhave run the engine, but not flown.
My question - has anyone done or know someone who has done this to a Pitts?

Latest posts

Back