• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Gentex helmet for sale

pigpenracing

Reaction score
I have a nice Gentex helmet with the slide down visor housing. Set up for dual plug general aviation and has the quick release plug. New tinted and clear visors come with it. $850 obo. Really nice. [email protected]

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Might be iterested in the brain bucket. Can you send me a few pictures to [email protected]

Could I wear my clairity aloft headset under it?
Eric

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Can't wait to get it! Hope my noggin fits under the canopy.
Thanks Shawn-
E

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Just got it and it is just as Shawn said. . . . nice helmet. My head is just a little too big for it though. Mine measures 22 1/2, if you are anything at 22 or less it will fit perfect. I'll take $600 shipped for it. . . . . includes 2 new sun visors too. . . . .

cludwig

Reaction score
Did you try pulling out a couple layers of the thermoplastic liner? I think you are supposed to keep a minimum two layers in it.

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I tried everything- unless I get a tribesman to partially shrink my head this one is just not going to cut it. Wish it was a large.

Biplane45

Reaction score

Apparently, this helmet is sized for a slightly smaller head. I was ready to jump on this deal, but after measuring my coconut (23" circumference)I decided to pass. I suspect this is sized for a woman's head (hat size 7 or less.)
A little added info: http://www.mvaf.org/files/Helmet/helmet%20size%20chart.jpg

Looking at the sizing chart at the lower page this helmet appears to be a Medium. http://www.gibson-barnes.com/Gentex+HGU-55+Fixed+Wing+Helmet/id/18/cat_id/30/prod_id/110/Edited by: Biplane45

Cap231

Reaction score
Hi,

I might be interested, size fits me perfect. Could you please send me a few pictures?

acroeric

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Here are a few pictures. It is a really nice helment, just a little too small for me.

shorebird

Reaction score
I wear a HGU 55 kevlar with all the Oregon Aero upgrades which is the fixed wing helmet when I fly ag. The helmet being sold here looks like a helicopter model. It's noteworthy that the Helicopter helmets are tested to a higher impact standard than the fixed wing 55.

Latest posts