• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Getting start in building balsa models / RC models?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LorenMay

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine BPF folks. I know a lot of you started in modeling, airplane modeling that is... if you're like me then you have a face built for internet forums. Anyways...

I never went the model building route although I have proven at this point I can build passable full scale wing ribs. My son is pre teen and likes to build legos but I'd like to up the difficulty level and see if it holds his interest.

What would be a project that would not be overly daunting or too long of a build time to set the hook on learning to build, fix, and develop some skills? I am not stuck on RC but this is an airplane forum. I had also considered Heath Kit type projects but there aren't many of those available these days. Yes, he could help me building Hatz ribs but he's going to be an adult before that airplane flies.

Thank you all for your opinions on this!

Latest posts

Back