• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Going to give it another try.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAABipe40FF

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I excited again, going to give it another try. The Acroduster 2 that is. I've been trying to sell the air frame for almost two years, kept on lowering the price and concluded I might not even be able to give it away. Well pardon my French but Sc... all those tire kickers who failed to pull the trigger cause I'm back. I'm so glad it's still mine.

I recently got a O290G that was almost a gift. As far as I can tell it's in excellent condition inside. I pulled a jug and really nice inside. My plan is to convert to O320 cylinders. I've been offered a set from a member here. I'll also need a sump that can take the servo I saved off the IO320. No more fooling around with worn out engines. Well I have to take it apart anyway......

Anyway, the plan. I'll hang it on the AD2 get the carb. cleaned-up and get it running. I have decisions to make like whether to turn the new 290 into a 320 or use the Spezio's engine since it has a O320 crank. I hate to rebuild both engines so if the new one will work as-is I may swap and put it on the Spezio. May have to swap acc. cases then since the new one has fuel pump. That old O235 I've kept all these years may be useful if I need some extra parts like crank or cam?

I'll also rework mount or build a new one to get GC right for two place. I'll probably end-up selling the Spezio?

Anyway, guess it's fate for me to have a biplane:D

Marcia back from shopping, on my way to the airport. The Duster may have to wait? Beautiful day, may have to go flying.....Maybe I won't have to suffer those terrible heavy Tu-holer ailerons forever?

Jack

Latest posts

Back