• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Got another J-3 :-) Sold the model 12 :-(

pigpenracing

Reaction score
Well I sold the Model 12 a few days ago. I sold it to a couple of great guys and I am on the insurance to fly it anytime. It hit the whole family hard when I sold the Cub and it got destroyed. I knew right away I made a mistake selling the Cub and would get another one some day. I found the perfect little Cub with a 65 on it. The airplane has 1000 TT and 70 since restoration by John Tremper in 2014. My other Cub was really nice but this one is better than new. I loved my Model 12 but a time came that I wanted the money more than the airplane. I am possibly looking for a cheap single seat Pitts to put in the hangar. A 150 horse S1C would even be fine if you guys know of any. I thought I would share some Cub pictures.
Big thanks to Tom Braymer for flying it from Ohio to Texas for me. He is a very trustworthy guy.

cub 1.png

cub 2.png

cub 3.png

cub 4.png

cub 5.png

cub 6.png

cub 7.png

cub 8.png

cub 9.png

smizo

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
that cub is beautiful, good score. maybe hang on to this one for a year or so........ ;)

Reaction score
After some of the biplane hot rods you've had pigpen a 150 hp S1C would not tickle you. Go for 180 hp. Wings don't matter to me as I'm not a serious aerobatic jockey.
Beautiful cub but that aileron pulley mount is pitted. Cheap from Univair.

StinsonPilot

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Dang...I blinked and you've changed airplanes again!

Awesome looking Cub. That's going to be my retirement project, a clipped wing version with 100hp.

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Still time to make the 80th anniversary fly-in on Sunday morning at Oshkosh! My son and I are flying in in my Grandpa's old Cub, kind of appropriate since he introduced me to Oshkosh in 1980.

Last edited:

starn11gy

Registered Users
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you sold the 12! Great looking cub!

IanJ

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
That's a fantastic looking Cub, congrats! I definitely understand the "sold the wrong one" syndrome. I did that with a motorcycle, and didn't last a year before I switched back to the one I regretted selling.

Nate

Preparation A thru G failed, now it's time for pre
Reaction score
Nice.... Just don't let any flight instructors near it..

cashflyer

Reaction score
That's a very nice looking cub!
I wish you were looking for a 200hp Skybolt... I know a guy who may would cut you a deal on one.

Latest posts