• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Got Skybolt project back! New to forum

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Baker

Reaction score
Hello to all,
I met up with Beej today at the Taylor, TX Fly-in. He sweating over a cool looking Skybolt project in his hangar. Congrats on avery nice project and asuperforum!
To make a long story short, I sold my Skybolt project to a gentleman in Victoria, TX 20 years ago and I have been kicking myself ever since. Iordered the plans from Lamar Steenin 1977,worked fast and furious for the next three years and built most of the airframe componets. The FAAcame by the house in those days andsigned off the wings and tail.
A new jobandchildput the project on the back burner and in 1988I soldit to the gentleman in Victoria.It sat in his hangar untouched for the next twenty years collecting dust.
A few months ago he passed away and his wife was kind enough to sell it back to me and Iam very fortunate to have it back.The opening the boxes of parts and goodies that I had carefully packed for him long agomade me feel like it had been in some kind of time capsual.
The Skybolt ison the front burner and Iwant to get it flying as soon as practical.
Many Thanks, Don

Latest posts

Back