• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

GPS/COM - Any vendor reps listening?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flybipe

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Vansairforce.com has a number of vendor reps that cruise the forums and jump in on threads as they pertain to their wares.

In the interest that any are lurking here, I'd like to throw a request out to Garmin or Bendix/King for a GNC250 or KLX135A replacement. These VFR GPS/Com's were perfect for a Pitts or any other biplane when paired with a transponder but are no longer available from either manufacturer (or up to current technology standards either). Instead what we've got are $13K IFR GPS/COMS that are more suited the fast cruiser crowd or the G3X type multifunction displays that include an imbedded GPS but require a great deal of panel real estate to install.

As a Pitts owner that lives near a class C airport and often flys near a class B, I'd like the option of a GPSCOM and an ADSB-compliant transponder that doesn't cost me $20K. I realize that ADSB requires a the WAAS capability but I'm never going to do approaches in my Pitts and don't require all that capability or the nav radio for that matter either. The multifunction moving map stuff is neat but just not that practical for the typical biplane panel.

Anyone else got this one figured out?

Anyone listening?

Latest posts

Back