• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Hangar Visitor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve H

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I went out in the hangar this morning to do some work on the RV-4 wing. I went to the east wall and was opening the windows to get a little breeze flowing to keep it close to comfortable. Hmm...that window seal looks like it has a piece of thick rubber hose lying across it. So I reached for the window and then saw the head of a 32 inch copper head sunning itself on the inside of the window seal! Who says a 66 year old guy can't move fast!!!
So, I ran to the roll-away to find something to grab it with. Pliers...that will work. A little short handled but he's asleep...ought to work. Went back to the window...yep he's still there. Actually I was glad he was because I still knew exactly where he was. I clamped down on his head and he became a twisting turning blur! Somehow he got out of the pliers right next to my foot so I stepped on his head with my running shoes. Not much protection there for sure. I made another stab with the pliers and got a better grip on his head and headed to the roll-away again. Saw and grabbed the aluminum sheet shears and cut his head off. Pretty tough body on those snakes! Well, I've always heard where there's one there's two, so needless to say I've got my eyes wide open looking for something slithering across the floor.

Man, it's time for a break, and I haven't even done any work yet!

I'll let you know if I find his partner.

Steve H

Latest posts

Back