• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Hartzell A vs B hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

planebuilder

Registered Users
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Lyc O540-A1D, with a damaged HC-82VK-1D prop. I still have to find out about having that prop overhauled.
I was offered a new, still in the box from, from about 1987, with original paperwork, HC-C2YK-4CF aerobatic prop. Application is a Starduster Too, so "gentle" aerobatics, loops, rolls, snaps, no Lomchevaks:). (sp?)
I no nothing about these props, yet. It has the "A" hub.
What are the implications of the A hub. I have found little info searching, but it looks like it may need an eddy current inspection ea. 100 hrs.? I am NOT questioning the motives of the seller, I think he is offering a good deal, I just need to learn more.
I also would like to find out what fixed pitch prop could be used. Catto looks great, but expensive, and I am not against an aluminum FP prop. as the W&B is good now with the CS Prop. Prop selection will be determined by economics and safety. Thanks for any advise.

Latest posts

Back