• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

Hatz for sale - South Carolina

cashflyer

Reaction score
My neighbor (across the runway) has a Hatz biplane and he has been talking about selling it since he didn't fly much this past year.

I think he's going to ask around $15,000

It's powered by a Continental 6 cylinder from a Cessna 172.

Thought I would post this in case anyone here wants me to try and get more info.

Attached is the only photo I have handy. Taken at last year's "Triple Tree" fly in.

20160910_111436.jpg

iowaboy

Registered Users
Reaction score
Any idea how many hours on the engine?
Hours on the plane?
Damage history?
How old is the covering?
Thanks
Mike

cashflyer

Reaction score
From what I remember, he told me it was around 1200 hours on the Conti O-300
It was built around 1988/89, and it is still in the original covering.

I don't know anything further, so PM me with your contact info and I will pass it along to him.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the top wing is farther from the lower wing than "stock"? I recall seeing this one forsale before and seemed like a great deal then. The 0-300 really hurts it compared to a 0-320 or 0-360. Great engines...just expensive to overhaul.

Edge

Reaction score
Quick question, is the Hatz a basic aerobatics capable airplane?

bipe215

Reaction score
Looks like the top wing is farther from the lower wing than "stock"? I recall seeing this one forsale before and seemed like a great deal then. The 0-300 really hurts it compared to a 0-320 or 0-360. Great engines...just expensive to overhaul.
It also looks like the main gear is shorter than normal

cashflyer

Reaction score
The wings are "to print", however the legs are shorter.
The original builder had motorcycle wheels on it, trying for a vintage "tall wheel" look.

Latest posts