• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Hercules Wood Propeller for Sale

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A little more detail about the prop is available here:

Biplane Fourm: "Hercules Propeller"

I had it made in September and tested for several hours in October. The prop is gorgeous and very nicely balanced. It comes with a nickel crushplate that fits inlaid into the hub. No other hardware is included. (In my case, existing spinner and bolts all worked fine) I've repacked the prop but if requested by a serious potential buyer I can unpack and photograph it. The prop has no scratches, nicks or blemishes. I loved the smoothness. However I think I needed about 10 more HP to put it in its sweet spot. See the link for static, climb and cruise RPMs compared to my 76-56 Sensenich metal prop. My engine is an older angle valve with about 1000 SMOH. Someone who favors cruise performance or who produces a tad more smash than a stock 180 might make this prop a nice match.

*Wood prop with black lacquer finish

*Weight unknown but certainly well under half the weight of metal
*75" diameter/ 59" pitch
*"Hercuthane" leading edges--a resin they claim to be bullet proof. (I was not shot at during testing so cannot confirm.)
*paid 1642 GBP (pounds), roughly $2300
*Asking $2000 plus freight

One thing I will add is that Hercules was great during the ordering and build process. But I have been unable to contact them since. Otherwise I would have attempted to repitch the prop and keep it.

thumb_IMG_0042_1024.jpg

Latest posts

Back