• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

HIO-360-A1A Core Available

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kim Kovach

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all..... I don't post very often but I read this forum every day and I LEARN every day! I'm building up an S1-SS (my second S1) and I purchased a nice HIO-360-A1A (angle valve) core for it a year or two ago. I've decided to sell it and look for a parallel valve engine. The first Pitts I built had a hopped up 200++ HP engine with C/S prop..... and also had many other modifications including plywood skinned wings - of which the lower wing was swept to match the upper. That must have been at least 35 years ago and I was around 30 years old! I'm MUCH older now and I don't need or want a hot-rod. When I was younger I evaluated airplanes based on how fast they flew or how quick they rolled or how short they could land. Today, I evaluate them based on weather I can get physically in and out of them! Anyway, the S1-SS that I'm currently building is going to be soooo close to stock and soooo close to plans built that it's going to bore everyone! It's gonna be a light weight old man's airplane! I got talked in to the angle valve HIO by a friend but I would really prefer a parallel valve B4A (stock)..... but I confess that provisions for a front mounted governor might be nice. The next guy should appreciate that! The HIO that I have came out of a wrecked Hughes 269B. N80663. I have extensive but incomplete logs. Looks like last overhaul was in 1985 and the last Log entry I see was in June of 2007. I tore the engine down (mostly) and boxed it all up. Was gonna start sending everything out for overhaul but decided to sell it instead. If anyone on here is interested in it I can be reached at 734-664-7387. I don't have a particular dollar amount in mind and would welcome offers. Phone or text but an initial text seems to work better. My phone does not always ring for some reason. Ugh! If no one here is interested I'll move on to Barnstormers. Now - does anyone have a B4A core available? I want one that should be overhauled so I know darn well what went in to it. Thanks all! Kim

Latest posts

Back