• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

How to build a rib in 35 seconds

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mach2

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The best part of this forum is the people. Specifically, the help, advice, and ideas everyone is willing to share. I am grateful for that. Twenty-seven years ago (before the internet was a big deal) I bought plans for an Acrosport 2 and started building wing ribs. I had built wood ribs in A&P school years earlier and a little over one year later I had all the ribs built for the upper wings and center section. Then my first daughter was born...and the project was carefully wrapped in plastic and put in the attic where it would rest through the births of another 2 daughters, a couple of big career issues, some medical issues, and life in general.
One day I happened upon this forum and found pictures of SMIZO's build of his AcroSport 2S. My kids have grown and are on their own for the most part now, the career issues have calmed somewhat, paychecks have become a bit more predictable...and I'm happy to report the project is OUT of the attic and back on the bench.
I had a great conversation with SMIZO and he said I needed pictures of my build up here on the forum. I'm in the process of getting some pictures, but in the meantime I set a GoPro up above my bench and thought it might be fun to see a time-lapse of what laying up a standard full-length AcroSport II wing rib looks like. I know it's not much but I hope you all enjoy it. At the very least maybe it will give someone a good laugh.

Latest posts

Back