• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

How to's with engine cooling, Firebolt bowl

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am installing the cooling baffling kit from Vans Aircraft.
Of course the front end is of a different design.

I have trimmed a lot of aluminum off the parts to install under the Skybolt hood.
At the air intake (the important entry point) and have a question to anyone that has installed the Firebolt nose bowl

Looking at the photo's you will see my concern. What with the nose bowl close to the cylinders and the air space left after I install the air ramps. Will this be enough volume of air to sufficiently cool the engine?

Also.
Because the nose bowl is so close to the cylinders, the air ramp is no longer a ramp shape, but a wall, standing flat up against the oncoming air.
All advice will be greatly appreciated.

DSCN6474 (1280x960).jpg

DSCN6478 (1280x960).jpg

DSCN6479 (1280x960).jpg

DSCN6482 (1280x960).jpg

DSCN6484 (1280x960).jpg

DSCN6480 (1280x960).jpg

Latest posts

Back