• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Howdy! Hardware Users.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gahco

Registered Users
Reaction score
We have been advertising on this site for about 2 months now.

I have been checking our stats and do not see anyone clicking on our banner.

This site looks nice and just signed up to see whats going on.

We also support vansairforce.net and have a good time helping people out with their hardware questions.

Many people just look up the tech pages on the left side of our website.

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com

Your will see little wrench icons that say Tech Info.

These are the pages from our Aircraft Hardware Reference Book associated category, right above the Tech Info Icon.

If they can not answer your questions , put it on this thread and it will e-mail notify me. I will get to an answer for you as soon as I can during the week.

We look forward to working with you and hope that we will be a worthwhile contributor.

Tom

I just bought some rivets from you the other day... going through the link at the top of the forum's page. Arrived VIA UPS today.

Jerry said:
Tom

I just bought some rivets from you the other day... going through the link at the top of the forum's page. Arrived VIA UPS today.

We do appreciate your business, and thank you for letting us know you received your product.

Do you already have our Aircraft Reference Book?, or did they send you one FREE with your first order.

If they forgot to do that let me know and we will send one in the next US mailing.

Have the good weekend!

Hi Gen, looking at my stats there is definite click-thru activity. Perhaps I need to take a look at your login interface. PM or email directly if you need more help on this.

I peruse vansairforce.net quiet a bit and have noticed how you interact with their posters in helping them on a personal level, such as the time when you were taking numbers for a group discountin order to acquire a normally expensivespecial size AN bolt for a rudder pedal mod...very cool.

I have been trying for some time to find a source for stepped washers as are commonly used in seat belt installations. Actually I suppose it is more of a flanged bushing. I did not find them on your site. Perhaps I wasn't looking in the correct location. I believe them to have a MS number.

Do you carry them?

Neil said:
I have been trying for some time to find a source for stepped washers as are commonly used in seat belt installations. Actually I suppose it is more of a flanged bushing. I did not find them on your site. Perhaps I wasn't looking in the correct location. I believe them to have a MS number.

Do you carry them?

Most people just use a cad plated steel spacer like this.

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/store.asp?alternate=NAS75%2D4%2D006

once there for the above link, click on basic image.

For other possibilites see tech pages

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf
as75.pdf

and

http://www.gen-aircraft-hardware.com/images/pdf
as77.pdf

This should get you started.

To really get starter go to the upper left corner and clisk on Website Tips

I've definitely clicked on the banner here several times and you're on my mind for when I need fasteners.

Brad20j said:
I've definitely clicked on the banner here several times and you're on my mind for when I need fasteners.

Its good to hear that, and I am glad to know that the Admin is looking into why it was not showing up in the Stats.

I thought this site was dead, because of how many other responses I can track from other sites I have my banner on.

It's not dead, it just was not reporting.

FYI...
Genuine Aircraft Hardware has a lot more than the usual nut, bolts and washers. I was just looking through their catalog... it's about 300 pages of stuff.

- heat shrink tubing
- nut plates
- de-burring bits
- rod ends
- pullies
- grease fittings
- riveting tools
- drill bits
- reamers
etc

You have Hi-Locks! Great, I've been looking for a correct length Hi-Lock for a project sitting in the hangar. Perhaps by Sunday afternoon I get a chance to figure out what I need then be ready for Monday. Thanks for the heads up. Later, Erich

Latest posts

Back