• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Hyperbipe for Sale

darylat8750

Reaction score

Saw this on Barnstormers. I flew one once. Pretty cool airplane. They are kind of ugly.

HIPERBIPE KIT • $5,900 • FOR SALE •
1980 Sorrell Hiperbipe Kit number 284 (unstarted). Welded fuselage,
motor mount, landing gear, tail surfaces, interplane struts, rudder
pedals, fuel tank, wings, flying wires, control torque tubes, cowling,
wheel pants, windshield, doors, Stits cover kit, smoke system, wheels
and brakes, hardware, spinner and plans.
• Contact Andy Moore, Owner - located Winchester, TN USA
• Telephone: 931-434-0401 .
• Posted June 30, 2010
•

TxSkyBolt

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Looks like the perfect winter project for your barn.

Jerry

Radial Skybolt Builder: 205% completed
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Killer deal ya found there, Daryl !

darylat8750

Reaction score

I'm focusing finances on the boat but when I see something like this........ I wish someone would buy it so I don't have to think about it. It is too bad they are so ugly.... Maybe I'm lucky they are ugly.

There is a HyperBipe thread that just petered out. Anybody know if the guy in N. IL. is still around?

TFF1

Reaction score
I saw it on Barnstormers and I think it is a great deal. The more I look at Hyperbipes and Wittman Tailwinds the more I like them. The Yahoo group has some good pictures of some restorations and builds.

N95334

Registered Users
Reaction score
Daryl,
A boat?? Ugh! Floats I can see but a boat. :)

darylat8750

Reaction score
"A boat?? Ugh!"

Well, If I could only I could afford a Grumman Albatross........

Xavier

Reaction score
Albatros !? Wouldn't a goose be more affordable ?

darylat8750

Reaction score
If I'm going to dream, I'm going to dream BIG. I couldn't afford a 185 on floats.

jpaulthepilot

Reaction score
TFF1, you ready to buy yourself a Hiperbipe yet? New fabric, new paint, and could be flying within 60 deays easily...

Latest posts