• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $29.95/year to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction).

• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Biplane Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

I-strut Fairings

Chuck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495234767.593704.jpgImageUploadedByBiplane Forum1495234783.511820.jpg

Four brand new fiberglass I-strut fairings. Not sure what they are for, maybe S-1? Outside dimensions 28.5 in long by 3 in wide. Inside (top of fairing) is 25.5 in long by 1.25 in wide.

$50 plus shipping

Chuck
[email protected]

Chuck

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not sure why the pics didn't go through. Available on request.

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
That is what the Stardusters need. Such a beautiful Biplane
But about everyone I see has those ugly gaps between the I struts
and wings gotta be addressed.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chuck, let me measure my Starduster Too. I think there was a company that made them for Starduster Too's called Aerotech in Denton Tx awhile back...like in 1990s. If these would fit a Starduster Too I'll take them...will measure my I-struts tomorrow and let you know.

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chuck...I measured my I struts and they are about 24" at one end and about 23" at the other. Does that make since? What is the area for the opening on these?

Dennis5678

Registered Users
Reaction score
What ever happen? Did you find a Biplane that they fit on?
Did you sell the?

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got them in the mail today. Thanks Chuck!

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got them in the mail today. Thanks Chuck!

Lotahp1

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just fit these to a rib for a Starduster Too (M6 airfoil basically) and they are more round. With the one on the bottom of the Rib (the top wing I strut attach point) being mostly flat on M6 these seem more for maybe a symmetrical airfoil. I can probably cut these and re glass to make work or I might just use as a pattern and make new ones for the Starduster Too. I might bring these to OSH and try on a few different airfoils of planes. Be good to find out what these go to and if someone wanted they could make mold off these and make more. These really do clean up the I strut install. Any interest in these for a Pitts or maybe Skybolt? I can make my mold before OSH if anyone is interested. I'd take the same $65 I have in them. Plus shipping or I will bring to OSH. ($50 for parts and $15 for shipping is what I have in them)

ndlakesdreamer

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I just fit these to a rib for a Starduster Too (M6 airfoil basically) and they are more round. With the one on the bottom of the Rib (the top wing I strut attach point) being mostly flat on M6 these seem more for maybe a symmetrical airfoil. I can probably cut these and re glass to make work or I might just use as a pattern and make new ones for the Starduster Too. I might bring these to OSH and try on a few different airfoils of planes. Be good to find out what these go to and if someone wanted they could make mold off these and make more. These really do clean up the I strut install. Any interest in these for a Pitts or maybe Skybolt? I can make my mold before OSH if anyone is interested. I'd take the same $65 I have in them. Plus shipping or I will bring to OSH. ($50 for parts and $15 for shipping is what I have in them)

Oh what the he.. I'll take them for 65 bucks. I'll see how they fit on a Skybolt.

PM me please. Dale

taff

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have something like these for the Skybolt.
Reason for me posting on this thread...

How do you install them?
Someone sending in pictures of the process would be real good

Latest posts