• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

I'm Tooter now..! ;-) 'Yosemite Sam' has a new home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TXMike

Reaction score
I am told I just joined a small, yet elite, family known as Tooters. I would have assumed it is because many of us are old farts, but legend has it as a much cuter back story.

I was fortunate to be in the right place at the right time to pick up a very dusty Yo' Sam sitting in the corner of a hangar that was being cleaned out.
N65LT - "Yosemite Sam" - Lee Whatley and Tommy's creation from 2008.

I am extremely fortunate to live so close to Tommy Meyer and be able to have him come by to advise on what all should be done to get her back flying in top shape.

The build quality is just impeccable! Multiple neighbors are IAs and A&Ps and each is just beside themselves on how nice everything was done. Lee and Tommy did great. I hope to honor them by keeping her tip top while making adjustments needed for my needs.

Yo' Sam joins his big sister, my Starduster Too, N84CB. She's been a passion for 3 years now. (Dave Baxter and Tommie McMeans are my Starduster heros!)

Michael Airhart

20201011_112641.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back