• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

installing fuel tank

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

taff

In Remembrance 7/14/20200
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have started to install the fuel tank in it's bay in the wing.

Question for those that have done this...
What adhesive have been used for holding the tank fast to the plywood floor and top?

Posting a couple of photo's of the work so far.
Showing one screw up at the moment.
I measured where the center of the fuel drain is on my tank, that's 11 inches from right side. That's pretty set for me. Then I measured to the center of the bay floor, 12 1/4 inches. That's pretty easy to understand.
Then not thinking, I drilled and opened up at the center point!

It should have been 11 1/4 inches from the right, not 12 1/4.:(

( I have a 1/4 inch space between the tank and each of the side walls).

Anyway, If there is a mastic or adhesive that's good for holding the tank securely, please let me know.

At the moment, I am thinking of using 3M epoxy that is designed as a panel adhesive for sticking door skins to door frames (tailgates etc.) on automobiles.

DSCN1028 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1029 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1030 (800x600).jpg

DSCN1031 (800x600).jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back