• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Insurance Renewal lead times?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdailey777

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what you guys are seeing for renewal lead times as well as cost increase/decreases. I Bought my Pitts last august with 10 hrs in type. I have put over 130 hrs on it since Sept. and was expecting insurance to decrease. I have insurance through Assured partners partnered up through AOPA.

My renewal came in last month 5/6 and I still have not seen a renewal. I called and they said they are just inputting my information nearly 6 weeks later. Curious if this is normal? IT cost me 2200 last yr as new Pitts owner with 10 hrs in type and 1100 tail wheel hrs. I was expecting it to drop 500 for this second yr approximately, according to what others were paying last yr. I was just told to expect it to go up though.

What are you guys seeing? Pitts S1S Curious if I need to spend more time shopping

Josh

Latest posts

Back