• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

intercom woes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have a one seat so no issues but I fly a lot with my buddy in his luscombe. He has an old Sporty's hand held with an external antenna. I did a direct hookup Saturday and radio checks came back loud and clear. The Sigtronics intercom is the problem. He has sent it to the factory and it was given a clean bill of health. This Saturday I could hear him but he could not hear me. Switched headsets, Squelch, everything. It has been a pain for 6 plus years. He is an accountant not a gear head so I am taking this on. So the question: Why an intercom. Is there a way to wire to have a PTT to take the place of the intercom? What is so hard about pushing a button? I could do an internet search and get ran around for an hour. So if some told me it is doable I am willing to search. But if someone has a wiring diagram that would really be cool.

will

Latest posts

Back