• The Biplane Forum is a large global active community of biplane builders, owners and pilots. From Pitts to Skybolts, to older barnstormers, all types are welcome. In addition to our active community, our content boasts exhaustive technical information which is often sought after for projects and maintenance. This information has accumulated over the 12+ years the forum has been in existence.

The Biplane Forum is a private community. Subscriptions are only $49.99/year or $6.99/month to gain access to this great community and unmatched source of information not found anywhere else on the web. We are also a great resource for non biplane users, since many GA aircraft are built the same way (fabric and tube construction). Annual membership also comes with two BiplaneForum.com decals.

Intro and seat recline question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I don’t think I’ve introduced myself yet. My name is Paul and I am currently in the process of doing a complete rebuild on my S-1C. I bought it in 2017 and it was still flying at the time. It was pretty exciting as I had always wanted a Pitts and the opportunity came up for me to get this one. It did have a high time engine so I knew I was going to take it down and was planning to use it as an opportunity to rebuild it the way I wanted it set up. Sure enough I had 2 cylinders go down not too long after I bought the plane. I bought it at a price expecting this so no hurt feelings here. The project has started off very slowly, though that was planned too as I bought the plane while in the middle of starting a new job and moving, but I am now in a position to put more time and money into it. It is a long fuselage C with an O360. The plan is to get the airplane flying again while making some modifications now, but using the wings that came with it. Eventually I plan on doing all of the Wolf mods. I already have the Wolf gear and will probably be in touch with Chris in the coming months to get the cowl.

One modification I am really interested in is reclining the seat back. I have spent lots of time searching the subject and have seen that it has been done, but have yet to see how people are doing it. I was wondering if anyone who has done this has any pictures of how they did it, or at least a good explanation. I have some ideas on how to go about doing it, but would much rather see what others have done before proceeding. I will probably be posting lots of other questions as I proceed because I think my Pitts is the only one I’ve had the chance to see up close. BTW I do think it is the most incredible airplane I’ve ever flown!

Latest posts

Back